Sunday, July 1, 2007

Memo# 36 : Court or Courting

As I know I'm not very good in public speaking
Thus i have remained often quiet in front of new people.
Yet just sometimes people take it that acquiring a minimum level of speaking English justifies me actually being competent in English. I know joining these competitions would only boost my confidence and help me in the long run


What I'm talking about is the Mock Trial. This is not to be confused with Mooting for mooting is the process of appeal in court while the mock trial is somewhat like an actual trial with witnesses, cross examining, lawyers and hard hitting questions.




Too bad the Mock Trial Final between AllSaints and Tsung Tsin was more like a mockery of the justice system. Not to be too heavily critical of their performance for it was a good and interesting trial. Only some parts it wasn't as smooth as it should have been.


Most witnesses accounts are said with inaccurate or inconsistent testimonies while the judge being a little easier with them, a real serious trail would have the lawyers apologizing frantically to the judge while he swears and throws their submission onto the floor and questioning the competence of the lawyers

Josh was getting emotional ..hahaha.... with the teams as he watched from a far not being in the finals. He would have been had more concentration if they had made it to the finals.
From what I heard La Salle presented and won the case against All Saints in the preliminary
round but lost on performance because it is a team effort where the witnesses from both teams are judged.

All Saints won in the end and the proceedings lasted from 9.30a.m. to 1.00p.m.
Picked up Potriyan at Centre Point and sent the teacher back to school.
Later dropped by at the Boarding House to change and even had lunch there.
Eunice didn't follow after that so it was me,pot and laura to go and check out venues for Interact Installation Nite and Prom Night.



Shangrila Tanjung Aru Resort should be sending me the quotations tomorrow and the other places we checked were all closed in the particular department so have to call back.
I am aiming for STAR or Promenade even though it could be expensive...the venue for me is the most important.

I have too many responsibilities in Form6 but am not bored at any 1 moment

1 comment:

Soo said...

haha fun ler form 6~ still cant beat me getting robbed in kl =D