Sunday, April 22, 2007

Memo# 24 : Midvalley Madness

It was a rainy day yesterday. The thunder struck so loud that it caused a resonance in my stomach and made me hungry =.=" How ironic..
I was stuck home the whole week with nothing but my dearest by my side accompanying me through the hardest of times.

Today I planned a trip to Midvalley Megamall with my best friend whom i haven't seen in half a year since Christmas.He really hasn't changed a bit even to the extent that his youthful exuberance exceeds even mine..in other words..he hasn't matured yet..keke

My whole purpose is to help him find a suitable birthday gift for his roommate and friend.
Direction doesn't seem to be a guy's strong points. Trust me..when two guys go around a megamall 5 times bigger than Centre Point and STILL comes back to the same place 5 times..he's lost.

We went around the place so many times that I started to get familiar with everything in Midvalley liao. There is a North Court,East Court,West Court and South Court all connected by the Centre Court. Time just didn't seem existent in that place..you can just walk around and feel like it's still the same time as when you came in the building.
A.R. posing for his "award" while walking around Metrojaya.
There was a glass vase with real apples inside because when you glanced in you can actually smell the apples.
R.O.M.P has a lot of nice and decently priced clothes but too bad none fitted me. One place nice to find clothes I would recommend is TopMan next to TopShop (well..TopMan and Topshop is the same thing only women and men apparels but 2 distinctively different Signboards outside)
The clothes there are mostly British styled and boast an overwhelming selection of vests to stylish shirts and ties to hats. For people who don't know..think Justin Timberlake in My Love

Something weird we saw today.. the staff in Body Shop seemed to be dressed like fairies. I kid you not..all of them were wearing this purple blouse from head to toe with purple scarves and there were about 8 of them in a little corner shop.
Wanted to go somewhere to drink because of all the walking but ended up somewhere outside of the building..so went to Dunkin' Donuts to rest.
We were discussing girl stalkers until suddenly something about the correct pronunciation of Wikipedia occurred. I pointed out that his pronunciation was wrong for he pronounced it as
wai-kee-pee-dee-a while me as wee-kee-pee-dee-a
Suddenly, we were in a challenge..stood up and stormed off to MPH Bookstore to find a dictionary to confirm.

In MPH, we looked for the dictionary section. We are both intellectuals so when it comes to crap(passed on as knowledge), it is serious business.
It was the biggest bookstore I have ever seen ..in Malaysia..apart from the 3 story book store in Shanghai i went to. After looking all over for an answer, just decided to quit because no encyclopedia would print a website.. I got lost inside the vast library of knowledge for a while after looking high and low for A.R so I decided to call him. The only thing I saw as a landmark was World of Fengshui on a beam but to his shock..he thought i was on the 3rd Floor World of Fengshui shop.

We went around looking for birthday gifts in MPH and just thought of getting them birthday cards. I spent roughly 2 hours in MPH Bookstore gallivanting with nothing better to do.It's not like I sat there and read books..but mostly just joking around and finding gifts to get.
After 2 hours in MPH..thats what we got.

Is getting a File a good birthday gift? The special thing was just buying 2 sheets of paper and print out something special for the recipient. But we had to put the paper into something so just took a File to put the papers in. It turned out that the File itself that cost RM7 and was worth more than the gift which is 2 sheets of paper itself. Then had to get a birthday card which is RM5. It seems that the package to put the gift itself is more expensive than the gift itself. We were thinking "better just throw away the paper and give the File itself lar"

So what started out as 2 sheets of paper became 5 sheets,1 File and 1 Birthday card for RM18

A.R: Hey..anything here that is nice, meaningful and cheap?
H : Yeah..you.
*Chun-Li kick!!!*

After getting the gifts..being the Intellectuals we are..decided to do a "survey" on the customers there. Yes..it was simple survey with easy scores R- 1 ~10 and N
R refers to the rating of a hot chick we see there and N refers to number of hot chicks we count.
We were randomly walking around MPH looking left and right at girls and saying 5 or 7 so i dont think they noticed. We went around the whole store finding them..haha..it was a waste of time but fun though

Later after the MPH fiasco just went out to find a seat to rest and talk. While talking we would forget what we were talking about distracted by one of the MANY hot girls in Midvalley Megamall. I tell you Midvalley is filled with these nubile fair young girls in high fashion sense and sexy hairstyles that makes you feel like its heaven. KK is damned with pilaks by the railings but here is blessed with so many good looking girls. Sometimes we would just double back and try to find back the girl and be awed by her presence..haha

A.R : bla bla bla bla
*listening half way..head starts to be magnetized by hot girls walking pass me from my left and his right*
H : Hey..look there..waah..so fair and beautiful!!
A.R : Huh? Wut?
H : Tuuuuu there
A.R : Where?
H : To the left to the left~
*A.R. tries to look and look to his right (my left) turning head 180 degrees to his back..saw the girl and while turning head back to original position..sings out*
A.R : Close your eyes close your eyes~
* I look to my left and see an old auntie walking by*
xD

A tough question girls ask

Michelle : If I wasn't dating Daryl..would you ever consider dating me?
Randall : Yes I would.
Michelle : Why?
*looks passionately into Michelle's eyes*
Randall :Cause' that's the right thing to say
*smack!!!*

Haha..why do girls ask questions like that? Is there a hidden meaning behind that?
Someone please enlighten me

After paying for the stuff, it was close to 6.30pm and still haven't eaten dinner. Went all the way to Food Junction up on the 3rd floor to see see anything to eat or not..
Not satisfied so say wanna go The Chicken Rice shop coz i heard a lot about it on the radio.
Went down all the way to the ground floor and walked to The Chicken Rice Shop at the end..see the menu and say not worth it lar..ended up at the Laksa Shack instead.
Everything on the menu was pricey and the cheapest is RM7.90
A.R is a cheapskate so he ordered the cheapest drink which is .. R.O Water for RM2.90
If RM2.90 just for water..might as well take the cup too xD
Here's what he thought of the price of plain bottled water with Laksa Shack logo on it
I don't look at prices but just ordered. In the end I ordered Curry Laksa(which I thought was special because I mistakenly read the Curry as Cussy Laksa since the r looked more like an s)
for RM9.90 and Ice Milo at RM3.90
Should be going to Bangi end of this month and stay a while with A.R to experience life there.
Oo..my day seems brighter already!!

7 comments:

Soo said...

go try lil penang for good laksa located at ground floor or lower ground or first floor of mid valley. and the biggest isnt that, the biggest book store is at times square borders ler. 3 floors oh theirs

Hilary said...

haha..enough of Laksa for me
im broke liao..only can eat Ramli Burger frm now on

Soo said...

ramli? i was thinking more of maggi mee XD rm0.40c for 1 packet hahahaha

大恒 said...

Dude ganbatie oh,go somewhere else insteand of kk, the life out there is good,colourfull, challeging,and full of surprise!
all the best from me! freinds forever!

Hilary said...

haha..thank you..
waiting for UPU lor..if i get..i wont be coming back to KK liao..
i need new material..stuck at home dont give me ideas

Anonymous said...

bah
u beter cme bck kk lar...
we live on trees remembr..:D
dun jadi kl ppl ...

d@n

Hilary said...

hehe..yeah..
i already renovated my tree liao lar..now got swimming pool sum more
decorated the interior with real mahongany wood..not those ciplak papan kind